“First you learn your technique, your vocabulary, your repertoire. Then you are ready to become an artist.”
Fort Wayne Ballet’s Summer Intensive:
2021 Dates to be Announced
Fort Wayne Ballet’s Summer Intensive emphasizes technique, artistic expression and musicality necessary to prepare well-rounded, classically trained dancers.
2021 AUDITION DATES
To Be Announced | Check this page regularly for updates
Registration starts 30 minutes before audition classes. Auditioning is $25 and can be paid in person at the audition or online through MindBody.
- Outstanding faculty and exceptional studios in downtown Fort Wayne’s Arts District
- Individual attention – our teacher-student ration is approximately 1:15
- Seminars focus on choreography, dance terminology, nutrition, dance history, injury prevention, and other related topics
- Performance opportunities and planned social activities
- Fort Wayne Ballet Summer Intensive is for intermediate to pre-professional students.
- Audition or video audition (if located over 100 miles from audition sites) is required for participation. Audition fee: $25. Video Audition Requirements
- Placement classes for all participants will be held first day of Intensive
- Fort Wayne Ballet enforces a dress code and traditional rules of dance etiquette, as set forth in the registration confirmation letter.
- Participants are invited to perform in a culminating workshop performance (2021 Date TBA)
- Auditions for Fort Wayne Ballet contracts, Full-Year Trainee Program, BFA Dance Degree, and Summer Intensive Program
- For more information about Fort Wayne Ballet’s post-high school Trainee Program email email@example.com or call 260.484.9646.
Four-week Summer Intensive Program: $1,800.
Two-week Summer Intensive Program*: $1,000.
Activity Fee (either 4 or 2 weeks): $125.
* Two-week enrollment recommended for students ages 12 to 15 years or first-time Intensive students.
2020 FACULTY INCLUDED:
- Karen Gibbons-Brown – among the top 18 pedagogues in the world/ABT certified teacher
- Kim Sagami – Gerald Arpino foundation
- Cameron Basden – Gerald Arpino foundation
- Jane Lanier – Tony nominated choreographer
- David Ingram – Professor of Dance at Butler University
- and many more.